Friday, August 24, 2007

new concerts, new release

ok, so I have pretty good view of the forthcoming concerts. This should be it:
August 31 concert as Frans de Waard @ Tou in Stavanger, Norway
September 1 concert as Zebra in Deventer September 7 concert as Freiband at Sonic Circuits, Washington http://www.dc-soniccircuits.org
September 8 concert as Goem|FDW at Sonic Circuits, Washington http://www.dc-soniccircuits.org
September 21 concert as Kapotte Muziek @ Steim in Amsterdam
September 23 concert as Kapotte Muziek @ SXSW in Tilburg (afternoon)
September 29 concert as Zebra @ Stichting Bad.nl in Rotterdam
There might be another one or two concerts in the usa. Jeff Surak is working on that. If that's not happening than I guess I will be recording all extra nights with Jeff on new music.
Speaking of old music, if I ever had to choose one release from the past to be re-issued on CD I would probably choose the IMCA LP. That album was the product of endless tape exchange between me, Jos Smolders and Das Synthetische Mischgewebe, which in the end was mixed to the various pieces by Jos and me in the hot attic of the Smolders residence. I have good memories of that, learned a lot from the master. Jos lovingly remastered the LP and the previous cassette we made with John Hudak and the great Nicolas Malevitsis released it on CD and mister Meeuw made a great cover. As happy as I was with the LP when it came out, as happy I am with the CD version. Timeless classic stamped all over it.

No comments: